Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Updates

It's been a long time since I've updated the Young Family Blog, and at the behest of my sister, I decided to dump a few pictures today. After receiving the first good news at a doctor's appointment since the beginning of the year, we finally got the green light to start trying for more kiddos. We're keeping our fingers crossed, but hopefully soon, we'll be able to add pictures of more than just Melo.


Melodie loves to dress up. Especially if it involves putting on glasses. This particular day of potty-training, she needed a little help from her superhero friend Sporticus!
I also took some time during potty-training to revamp the basement. It had been a catch-all for everything that we didn't have time to put away, but with some new storage shelves in the furnace room, I was able to make some headway on getting Melodie a play area. This happens to be her "reading nook".

Melodie loves to play downstairs. I'm thrilled, because it's so much easier than the constant toy cleanup upstairs. We're hoping to paint the basement soon as well, using some of our leftover semi-gloss to give the basement a fresh look.
This was right after Melodie's first (and last by ME) haircut. I just trimmed her bangs because they kept getting in her eyes, but was mortified with my results. I'm so sorry kiddo. Thanks for telling me, "Oh Mommy, I look BEAUTIFUL! Good job!" afterward. You really are a little encourager.
Lastly, a piece of island paradise. This was from our trip to visit the Young's in Hawai'i, while we were whale watching off Diamond Head. Nothing quite like it in the world. Funny to think about how different our lives were six months ago. I'm so thankful for that trip as a family, and the time we all got to spend together. I love Hawai'i, but being able to be there with Ryan, Melodie and Bailey make it all that much sweeter. Thanks Gabe and Ana for the wonderful calm before the storm. And thank you storm for finally blowing some fresh wind our away.

No comments: